Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Break


Is it seriously Monday already? 

My Thanksgiving 4 day weekend in Raleigh was so relaxing! We enjoyed out Honey Baked Ham turkey and fixin's on Thursday and the leftover carried us through the entire weekend.

On Thursday we decided to go see an early afternoon screening of Argo at our local theater. There were maybe 10 cars there and our showing was sparsely populated (that's how we like it!). The movie was good, but it wasn't really the feel good holiday movie that I wanted to see. 




On Friday morning Aaron went into work so I got up and walked around Lake Lynn. It was a brisk 30 degrees outside, but my walk/jog kept me warm. I saw mallard ducks, white ducks, Canadian geese, and a blue heron on my way. They like hanging out in the shallows by the boardwalks on the North side of the lake. 

On Saturday morning we ventured out to Best Buy and Costco. At Best Buy we found the sound bar that Aaron has been eyeing for months marked down at half price. We set it up right away when we got home and it sounds amazing! I spent the rest of the day reading Mindy Kaling's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)

On Sunday morning we slept late then went to brunch at Brigs on Creedmoor. They have amazing eggs Benedict plates. The rest of the day was for laundry, reading, and watching movies that we had saved to the DVR from the weekend. 

Hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment