Monday, November 12, 2012

My Weekend, In Snapshots

 
On Friday Aaron was at a training seminar with his coworkers at their downtown office so he came to my office for the first time to check it out. I showed him around and then we walked over to the Hiberian Pub where we me one of Aaron's coworkers and her boyfriend for pints and dinner. 

After dinner we came back to the apartment to relax and I played a little hide-and-seek with Mr. Skwisgaar.  We have been leaving him out in the apartment during the day since he is a little bigger now. He has been doing a great job, nothing chewed to bits or turned over. We had once day when he tried to run out the front door when he came home, but I think he got really scared and hasn't tried it since.

On Saturday Aaron and I went downtown because we heard about an annual Handmade Market at Cobblestone Hall (which was one of our potential venue options). First we stopped at the Morning Times for coffee (first visit!) and of course it was delicious.

As we walked through the market we saw beautiful pottery, unique jewelry, and homemade cookies that were the size of my face! 

Outside of the market there were more tables set up and we met Jenny, the owner of Slingshot Coffee and we tried a taste of her cold brew seasonal coffee that she was passing out.

A selection of beautiful enamel necklaces at the Handmade market.

After we left Cobblestone Hall we walked around town for a bit and went to a few shops that I had on my Yelp bookmarked list. We walked through the art galleries in the City Market area then went to Deco and finally to Kindred.

On Sunday I woke up early and went to Starbucks to pick up an Eggnog Latte (for me) and a Chai Latte (for Aaron). I have been working my way through the Starbucks holiday offerings. Conclusion - the Eggnog Latte is not for me. 

I made brunch when I got home then we decided to drive over to out local Bed, Bath & Beyond to start our wedding registry. We got there around 11am and didn't leave until 3! 

We met with the registry consultant and then walked around the entire store with the scanner. We talked about things we will need in the near future for our apartment as well as the distant future for a house and future tiny Manassas (that is what the tiny box grater is for, obviously).

Hope you had a good weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment