Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Weekend Recap

The end of long weekends are Aaron was off for the 4th and I was able to work from home. We drove out to Rocky Mount, NC to meet my mom and dad (hi guys!), who were on their way home from their first ever trip to the Outer Banks. After lunch Aaron and I stopped at Sonic to celebrate our America and our Freedom to drink Peanut Butter and Bacon milkshakes. Oh yes, we did!

When we got home I hung the Star Spangled Bunting that I found in the Target dollar section last week. Look there is proof that I actually did decorate for the holiday! I know it's a crummy photo, the light in the main living area of our apartment is terrible 24hrs a day. The two bedrooms are the only rooms that get any good, natural light. When we start looking for houses next year, natural light will be close to the top of the wish list! 

We didn't make it out for fireworks this year, but I did grill a few hot dogs to enjoy along with side salads and an icy cold Redd's Apple Ale or two. 

On Friday it was back to work for me, but Aaron went with a group of our friends to go SKYDIVING! Whhhaaatt?! Yeah, he has always been interested in trying and the timing worked out perfectly, so he took a big jump! I really admire him for being so brave to do this, but I was totally nervous the whole time until he texted me that he was back on the ground! Maybe I will get him to share his story here on the blog.
On Saturday night we celebrated Aaron's 26th Birthday with a ride on the Trolley Pub! We peddled our way to a handful of downtown bars including: Isaac Hunters, Landmark Tavern, The Raleigh Times, and Tir Na Nog. We spent the rest of the night at The Ugly Monkey playing and having a great time! We made a late night pit stop to Snoopy's before heading home. We had a fantastic time with the Trolley Pub and would recommend it for a birthday party our just a fun night downtown!

Hope you had a good weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment