Thursday, July 11, 2013

Favorite Things Thursday

Happy Thursday! My favorite thing today this week is my new blog design! Over the past two months I have been working with Kelly Ann of Kelly Ann Creative to create an updated design for The Anchored Elm. Kelly Ann's self described approach to design includes a deep love for color, white space, and typography. Even though I haven't had the best relationship with my blog lately, I feel inspired by the new design and I can't wait to create new content!

Here is a peak at our correspondence about the design:

Let's talk blog design. What would your dream blog look like? Would it be colorful and crazy? Or clean, practical, with lots of white space? Somewhere in between? When a reader visits your blog, how would you want them to feel? (Energized? Peaceful? Refreshed? Inspired?)
My dream blog would be practical, open and airy with a focus on content. I want readers to feel inspired and find the layout easy to navigate and read. I would like the anchor/nautical/mermaid theme represented as well as the Raleigh/acorn theme present in the design. I would like a color palate that uses jade, evergreen, mint and teal along with natural hues and black accents. I would like the content to move up towards the top of the page, not pushed down by a header.
During the process Kelly Ann suggested that I create a Pinterest board so I could share my ideas about the colors, mood and aesthetic feeling of the design. I found this to be really fun and I think it made the process run smoothly because I was able to provide visuals in addition of written description. I like discovering new ways to utilize social media platforms!

Kelly Ann is currently offering a 10% discount for blog designs to The Anchored Elm readers! Just send her an email at kellyann@flowerchilddwelling.com and mention my name (Elisha) in the message!

What are you loving this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment