Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend Recap


I guess I only took two pictures all weekend, because after our non-stop weekend in Ohio, we wanted to savor our down time and relax (haha - what's new?)

Even though we usually go out for dinner on Friday nights, to keep it kosher for Passover friendly, we decided to stay in and make tuna salad instead. After dinner we watched The Collection, an action horror film, and sequel to the 2009 film, The Collector.

After the movie we decided to use our new NutriBullet to test out a makeshift recipe for a Fruit Explosion! smoothie with frozen mango, strawberries, peaches, a banana, and mango juice. It was so good! I have been using this thing almost everyday. I bought a few blood oranges yesterday to try out.

On Saturday we did some cleaning and laundry around the apartment, dropped off a box of old cookware at Goodwill and then went to see Spring Breakers at the Raleigh Grande. I worked on organizing the guest room for a bit and then made BBQ chicken for dinner. 

Sunday was overcast and rainy all day so we set aside some time to video chat with family, write thank you notes for the gifts that we received at our Ohio couples shower, and  I tried a new way to make hard boiled eggs - you bake them in the oven! 

Sounds crazy, but it actually worked out really well. I wanted to make a large batch of eggs salad for lunches so I popped a dozen eggs into the oven for 30 min at 325ยบ and let them roast away. When they came out they were a little spotty, but perfectly cooked with creamy centers. I'm hooked!

Later in the afternoon we decided to watch the first two episodes of Bates Motel, a modern day re-imagining of the back story of Hitchcock's iconic thriller, Psycho. I really like this show already and even though I still see Charlie Bucket whenever I'm watching Freddie Highmore as Norman Bates, I think his portrayal of the character is going to turn out well.

We finished off our Sunday by watching the season finale of The Walking Dead. Since it just aired, I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I hope they really bring it next season.

I hope you had a good weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment