Thursday, June 20, 2013

Favorite Things Thursday

 
Stained Glass Fairytales by Mandie Manzano

These beautiful, vibrantly colored art prints inspired by fairytale characters and pop culture are amazing! These are my top two favorites, but there are so many more in Manzano's portfolio on Society6. I haven't bought anything from here yet, but I think it might be a good go-to for sourcing art when we have more wall space in the future.

Favorite new show of the summer so far, Family Tree on HBO. The show is written and created by Christopher Guest and Jim Piddock. It's a single-camera, documentary-style show that follows Tom Chadwick, played by Chris O'Dowd, who begins exploring his family heritage after inheriting a mysterious box from a great aunt he never met. Unsure of his identity, he uncovers a world of unusual stories and characters as well as a growing sense of who he and his real family are. It's so funny!

"Set the foundation with the powdered ashes of Susan B. Anthony." - @tadelesmith


I am still getting used to the "share", "reblog", and "heart" buttons being at the bottom of each after being being relocated there by, I am assuming Yahoo's people. It makes so much sense, but after years of tumbling and scrolling back up to the top to like a post, my scrolling finger just seems to be stuck in it's old ways... Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem quirk?
To end this FTF post, I have big, exciting news to share! I have a blog re-design in the works! It is inspired by my passions, including mermaids, jadeite and Raleigh. I wanted to share a sneak peak before the whole new layout goes live, hopefully soon! 

I hope you have a lovely Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment