Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: A Bridal Shower

Earlier this month Aaron and I drove up to MD for the weekend for my bridal shower! My amazing sister, Dana, along with my aunts and other family members had been planning this party for months. 

Even though we decided to call it a "Bridal Shower" I knew that I wanted to invite men and women and have it be more of a couples shower. There are plenty of ladies who enjoy the traditional women only Bridal Shower with girly decor, a fancy sit down brunch, and toilet paper wedding dresses games, but I'm just not one of them! I wanted to be able to invite all of my friends and family to celebrate while we were in town. 

The shower was held at my aunt and uncle's beautiful house in Annapolis. They were amazing hosts and were so kind to open up their entire home for the shower. We had lunch set up in the kitchen, a delicious dessert table in the dining room, a slideshow of photos of each of us growing up, and drinks on the deck, including a signature "Manassa Punch" created by my aunts.

After lunch we played a round of "Who Said It?" with ginger mustache (for Aaron) and hot pink lip (for me) props, and then we opened gifts. After the shower "ended" friends and family stuck around to hang out on the deck until the evening. 

Thank you to everyone who helped plan our shower and to everyone who joined us in Annapolis to celebrate! We cherish the moments that we spend together and always look forward to the next party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment