Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend/Life Recap

Hi there! I have been on a bit of a blogging break recently because... I started a new job! I am the new News In Education Manager at The News & Observer! The News & Observer is the oldest newspaper in Raleigh and is central to our city. This position is a perfect combination of working in education and technology. Its challenging, but I like it so far!

Making the adjustment from working 20 hours a week back to 40 hours a week hit me harder than I thought it would. Since I started at the beginning of June it seems that I have been trying to find time to fit everything in. Even though blogging has been one of my favorite hobbies for the past 13 or so years, there are times when it's not easy. It can be hard to find the time to dedicate to blogging when I am also trying to find time to work 9-5, keep the apt tidy, cook dinner almost every night, get to the gym, keep in touch with my family, keep in touch with my friends, making time to play with our very energetic kitten, plan a wedding, organize parties, and keep up with current events and industry news. Whew!

So many good things going on, but there is only so much time in each day!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Friday evening Aaron and I went to see This is the End with a few friends in Cary. It was so much more than it promised to be! If you are a fan of apocalyptic humor, Seth Rogan and his friends, Pineapple Express, or seeing the downfall of celebrities, then this movie is for you!

On Saturday we were in full on wedding planning mode! (less than 4 months to go!) We were crossing items off of our To Do list like wedding planning ninjas!  

On Sunday we ran a few errands then made time to video chat with our families for Father's Day. Even though I just got to see my family last weekend and they are coming to visit next weekend, I can never get enough of them!

So, as I try to find the time to dedicate to blogging, I ask that you please be patient with me, and know that I won't forget to write!

I hope you had a good weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment