Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Currently


I hope that you had a relaxing Memorial Day weekend! Aaron and I booked our wedding DJ, saw Star Trek Into Darkness with friends, enjoyed fresh grilled kabobs at home and traveled to Greensboro to celebrate with the class of 2013! Since I didn't really have a post scheduled for today, I decided to type up a "Currently" style post since I haven't done one in awhile! 

Watching: Mad Men! The Crash has been one of the best episodes this season. Watching the two ad agencies go through a merger, seeing sad (always so sad) Don Draper go through trippy life realizations and Sally Draper getting her sassy face on has been good, but I still wish there was more Joan!

Listening To: "Thinking of You" by Ke$ha from her new album Warrior. Yep. Favorite album of the summer so far. I can't help it. Her music makes me feel so good! We have been watching her show, My Crazy, Beautiful Life on MTV and it makes me love her even more. My amazing fiance bought me concert tickets to see her show here in Downtown Raleigh as a WAY early birthday present. I can't wait!

Reading: I have just started reading Chesapeake Blue by Nora Roberts. It is the 4th title in the Chesapeake Bay Saga, a series about the Quinn family who live in St. Christopher, MD.  

Making Me Happy: Thinking about our trip to Greensboro yesterday. We were lucky enough to be able to drive out to Gate City for the day to attend the graduation ceremony for the class of 2013. We reconnected with so many students, staff, and friends who we were close with when we worked there. After graduation we had lunch on campus and then went to enjoy a few drinks out on the patio  at Natty Green's overlooking Elm St. in downtown Greensboro. I can't wait to go back!

Looking Forward To: So many things! For this week I am looking forward to attending the Food Truck Shabbat at Temple Beth Or. This is an event organized by The Raleigh Tribe, which is the local organization for young Jewish professionals and graduate students in their 20s and 30s who are interested in meeting new people, exploring Raleigh and getting involved in the community. There will be a food truck dinner featuring Mama Dukes and Big City Sandwiches followed by evening Shabbat services. Word on the street is that Mama Duke's falafel tots are legendary.

What did you do to celebrate this weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment