Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: A Bridal Party Surprise


On the day after Aaron and I got engaged we were driving back to Raleigh from our weekend in Maryland and we had some time to start thinking about our wedding. We talked about some of the basic details that we both wanted such as the location, reception music, and who we wanted in our wedding party. 

It didn't take us long to come up with our list of 8 bridesmaids and groomsmen. We talked about when and how we should ask them to be in our wedding party.

I was inspired by the surprise package trend that has popped up in the past two years so I decided to send out surprise packages to ask my friends to be my brides maids. I wanted to fill each box with useful and meaningful items that would represent me and our wedding with an emphasis on handmade items from Etsy.


My bridesmaids are... Dana (MOH), Lissan, Kristin, and Iris! I wanted to show my love for these wonderful ladies
 
 Each surprise package included:
  • A note card with an Instax photo and a personal "Will you be my brides maid?" message for each lady
  • Bridal Party Buttons from One Plus One Design
  • 2 Mini felted heart shaped soaps from SoFino in mint green and navy blue (our wedding colors!) in a burlap zip pouch from Target
  • White, navy blue, and green felted wool acorns from Magpie Jane to represent Raleigh (the city of oaks)
  • A bag of candy corn and pumpkins for something sweet that represents getting married in October
  • A cute initial stamp for each
I am so happy that they all said yes! I love them all so much! I can't wait to celebrate together and share so many happy memories over the next year! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment