Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pinterest Party


Last night I went to my first event with the Raleigh Tribe, which is an organization for people ages 23-35ish who are interested in meeting new people, exploring Raleigh and getting involved in the local Jewish community. I have been looking forward to participating in events with this group since my friend Brittany, who happens to be one of the leaders of the group, told me about it when Aaron and I told her that we had decided to move to Raleigh.

Every other month the Raleigh Tribe organizes an event based on a project found on Pinterest (you can view my Pinterest page by clicking on the button on the side bar). Members and friends of the tribe are invited to come together to crate craft projects, nosh, and socialize. The event last night was called Pinterested: Mezuzah Edition and the project was, as I'm sure you can guess, making a mezuzah

Everyone brought a mini airplane liquor bottle to use as the base of the mezuzah. After we emptied the contents of each bottle and mixed up a cocktail or two, we rinsed them out, covered them with decorative fimo clay and beads, then baked them in the oven to set the clay.

Getting crafty with new friends!
Twist and smush!
My mezuzah finished and ready to go into the oven.
Everyone's finished mezuzot! 
Ladies of the Tribe

Helping our hostess hang a beautiful mezuzah.
I am so happy that I was able to go to this event! I met some wonderful ladies and got to exercise my crafty skills, which I love to do! If you are a Jewish young adult living in the Raleigh area be sure to check out the list of events on the Raleigh Tribe Facebook page and join us at the next event. It is a great opportunity to meet new people and visit new places around Raleigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment